Fairmont Fire Department
The Fairmont Fire Department was founded in 1800 and formally incorporated within the City of Fairmont in 1896. The Department is a volunteer/paid on call department located at the junction of Interstate 90 and U.S. Highway 15, in south central Minnesota. We proudly protect and serve a response area of approximately 228 square miles and 15,000 residents.
Our response area consists of residential, industrial, farm and wild land. In addition to responding to calls within city limits, the Department assists with emergency efforts of the surrounding townships of Center Creek, East Chain, Fairmont, Fraser, Pleasant Prairie, Rolling Green, Rutland and Silver Lake. Fairmont Fire Department also provides mutual aid for our neighboring communities as needed.
To meet the needs of our community and the surrounding areas, all firefighters receive extensive training. The minimum training requirements include: NFPA 1001, MN First Responder and HazMat Operations Level. Many of our volunteers receive training in more technical fields such as, Advanced Auto Extrication and Technical Rescues, such as confined space, high level, grain bin and water.